Email JoAnn D. Osmond
Illinois State Representative
Assistant Minority Leader
Welcome to my website. Here you will find information about the Illinois 61st District. Please visit often to find the most current information concerning your district.
Please feel welcome to call 847-855-8600 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
Awards and Recognition
- 2012 Legislator of the Year from the Illinois Bankers
- Guardian of Small Business Awarded by the National Federation of Independent Businesses/Illinois.
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce 2007-2008
- Champion of Free Enterprise Award 2009-2010
- Delegate to the 2008 Republican Convention
- Member of the 2008 Republican Platform Committee
- NFIB Guardian of Small Business
- Adam C. Skrzenta Leadership Award - Grant Township Republican Club
- Illinois Farm Bureau Friend of Agriculture Award 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011
- Legislative Life Savers Award from the American Heart Association
- State Farm Embrace Life Award
- Gavin School Partner in Education Award
- Lake Villa Township Republican Supporter 2011
- Antioch Township Republican Award
- The Lillian Golonka Award 2011
Who Can Register to Vote?
You may register to vote if you are:
- A United States citizen and,
- 18 years of age by the date of the next election and,
- A resident of your Lake County precinct address for 30 days immediately prior to an election.
Two forms of identification are required to register through a deputy registrar:
- at least one of the two forms must show your name and current address,
- only one form of identification may be a piece of mail for a contractual service addressed and delivered to you.
Registering to Vote
Voter registration allows qualified voters to participate in the electoral process and exercise one of their most basic rights.
As a result of growth in Lake County and implementation of the National Voter Registration Act (Motor Voter), the number of registered voters in Lake County has increased to an all time high of over 405,000 voters!.